Please note that Saranam is closely monitoring the current Covid-19 pandemic. Changes to events including re-scheduling, canceling, and going remote will possibly occur. Thank you for your understanding as we all do our best to safely move forward!
Here is a calendar of our upcoming events and reservations. Please give it a few minutes to load. To learn more about our events and RSVP, please scroll down.
- Sat, Jun 25Saranam Retreat CenterJoin artist and pilgrim Claudia Giannini for a one-day workshop combining an art historical look at western and Asian Art of Pilgrimage with a discussion of what makes a journey a pilgrimage and a hands-on experience on creating an Art/Travel Journal.
- Sat, Oct 23Saranam Retreat CenterDrawing from Zen Buddhism and Christian mysticism, we will engage in experiential/contemplative activities designed to cleanse our “doors of perception,” deepen our embodied sensitivity, and foster intimate conversation with the wounded yet ever marvelous natural world.
- Sat, Sep 25Saranam Retreat CenterJoin Jen Grove of Lettersong Calligraphy Studio and Gallery (Louisville Kentucky) for a two day immersion in artist book making using the themes of the Enzo and the universal Fibonacci sequence.
- Fri, Jul 16Saranam Retreat CenterWhat “soul purpose” would you like to explore and deepen by making a book? It is easier than you ever imagined to make a lovely, soulful book by re-purposing greeting cards, junk mail, and other materials found in most households.
- Thu, May 27Saranam Retreat CenterBring your blankets for a lawn concert and percussive dance performance.
- Sat, Apr 24Saranam Retreat CenterJoin us to explore new watercolor painting techniques combined with ancient Buddhist practices to express our individual creativity. We will learn about how ancient and modern practitioners and artists use repetition as both prayer and self-expression.
- Sat, Jul 25Saranam Retreat CenterWhat “soul purpose” would you like to explore and deepen by making a book? It is easier than you ever imagined to make a lovely, soulful book by re-purposing greeting cards, junk mail, and other materials found in most households.